Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 how many deer have you killed and how long have you been hunting >

how many deer have you killed and how long have you been hunting

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

how many deer have you killed and how long have you been hunting

Old 03-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how many deer have you killed and how long have you been hunting

ORIGINAL: Retaks

I just work and hunt. After hunting is done for the day i go party that night then hunt the next day. Work is my time to rest.
woo with the time i get home from most of the parties i go to, i dont think id be able to get up in the morning that early
Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 PM

I have learned that you can go for 2 weeks on 3-6 hours of sleep a night and still be fine. Anything more then that you brain stops functioning properly and i wouldnt want to be around anyone or have a gun myself being like that.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have learned that you can go for 2 weeks on 3-6 hours of sleep a night and still be fine. Anything more then that you brain stops functioning properly and i wouldnt want to be around anyone or have a gun myself being like that.
god on weekdays, when i have school, then baseball and have to get up at 5:30, i have to get at least 7, or its gonna be real hard for me to get up in hte morning. on weekends i normally dont get to bed till around 3 or 4 in the morning, and i sleep till about 11:00, or noon. when i go hunting, i need at least 9 every night, so i can stay awake and high alert
Old 03-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy thats quite the Buck to doe ratio
ye been trying to shoot a doe but every time one walks i wait and wonder if a buck is going 2 follow
Old 03-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

7 years. 4 bucks. 6 does. 1 buck and 1 doe with a bow, the rest with my rem. 700. These last two years I have had my little cousin with me and have been trying to get her a shot. I've passed up a lot of deer ...But she got her first one this past year so it was well worth it.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 PM

shot 2 deer in 3 years.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

8 years, i would have to guess about 30. About 4-5 a year for the last 5 years. My journal only goes back 3 years.mostly does. Nusiance permits at 2 a year make some great jerky. 95% 12 gauge shotgun,several were taken on the run. just started getting into bow and muzzleloader. would love the rest of the state to open up with rifle, do some long range shooting (NY)
Old 03-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been hunting 2 years and shot 8 deer (all does). All with rifle. Here in wisconsin is earn-a-buck. Ive shot all those does and i havent shot a buck. I passed up on a 115in. my first year. Maybethis year!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

god on weekdays, when i have school, then baseball and have to get up at 5:30, i have to get at least 7, or its gonna be real hard for me to get up in hte morning. on weekends i normally dont get to bed till around 3 or 4 in the morning, and i sleep till about 11:00, or noon. when i go hunting, i need at least 9 every night, so i can stay awake and high alert
We go up the mountains for the last weekend of Fall Turkey and all of Bear season. We will be there Thurs night through Weds night. We go out and party every night and go hunting as soon as we get home except on Sun because we cant hunt Sun so we sleep all day then go out that night.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Little Doe Peep

I've been hunting since the Fall of 2006. I got one deer, a doe, in late archery season. Couldn't get out earlier becuase my husband was too busy. I've also gotten a number of squirrels and rabbits.

Missed this last season because of the baby. (She's worth it though.)

Quick Reply: how many deer have you killed and how long have you been hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.