Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Which New Celly Shall I Get? >

Which New Celly Shall I Get?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Which New Celly Shall I Get?

Old 02-25-2008, 05:13 PM

Default RE: Which New Celly Shall I Get?

I forgot about your problem. If you want ot meet up to play basketball with ehr and just be friends then i think thats ok. I would give her my number and tell her to call me if she ever wants to play basketball.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Little Doe Peep

I'll go along with the preference for older men. I like maturity in a guy. A guy with mature interests.

And youDO have to be careful about age. You can wind up in deep doodoo and get your name on a registry for life. Age of consent in Michigan is 16, but some states are higher than that.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Consent is 16, but technically you're still owned by your parents until 18 if you're a girl, 21 if you're a boy. At any point in time during your relationship if you are 20 dating a 17 year old, you can be called for statutory rape. The second you're over 21 and date under 18, a whole new legal ball game begins. Enjoy
Old 02-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats alright AH, give them your number and just say that when ever EITHER of them want to play to give you a call. if the one is 17 then thats what you said you wouldnt have a problem dateing! but yes you do have to becarful of legal issues. worst case scenario for you, you get two (or more depending) friends. trust me if you get close to them AS FRIENDS, dont think that they dont have older friends that they might hook you up with. plus, even if that doesnt happen, your making improvment my friend! plus you learrned they wont say no! just keep it up, eventually one will show up, and they will be older!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

Consent is 16, but technically you're still owned by your parents until 18 if you're a girl, 21 if you're a boy. At any point in time during your relationship if you are 20 dating a 17 year old, you can be called for statutory rape. The second you're over 21 and date under 18, a whole new legal ball game begins. Enjoy
I was referring to Michigan. The age of consent varies from state to state. Could be 17 or 18 in your state for all I know. Michigan doesn't call it statutory rape anymore. It's 3rd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct if younger party is over 12 but less than 16, with penetration. 4th Degree if just touching. (It's respectively 1st or 2nd Degree if under 13.) Age of majority is 18 here for both sexes unless you're emancipated as I am.

Although the age of consent is 16, older party could run the risk of being charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, but that's not a sex offense. Also parent(s) might be charged with failure to provide proper care and custody.

The minimum age for marriage here is also 16 with parental consent, although a judge can grant permission for someone under 16 if convinced that it is the proper thing to do.

The "age of consent" is not the same in every state. Folks tend to assume that it's the same everywhere as it is in their state. That's a mistake. A guy from Michigan where it's 16 could get his heinie in a sling if he finds himself in an intimate relationship with someone where the age is higher than that.

And in this state, if one party is under 16, it doesn't matter how old the other is. In fact if BOTH parties are under 16, both could be charged with a felony. (In Michigan.) There is an exception for 4th degree CSC if the older party is less than five years older than the younger one. (4th Degree is just touching.)

(All this info was not a product of my agile brain. It comes from someone who knows this stuff.)

Old 02-25-2008, 07:08 PM

I sometimes think someone is toying with me somewhere. The problem with me is that many, many people have told me i don't look 20, i look 16 or 17 so the older girls think i'm to young and the younger girls are just that, a little 2 young. I appreciate the advice guys and gals, i can always rely on yall to give me advice and give me a place and an "ear" so to say to listen. Daddieslittlegirl its not that i can't handle younger girls, its exactly what huntingirl said, the legal aspects. One false report from a parent could and will derail all of my goals in an instant. I'm gonna become a hermit....
Old 02-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

in CA its 18 for both guys and gals, but yeah just develop a friendship with one and remember, the 17 year old will be there eventually
Old 02-25-2008, 07:21 PM

I wish the 17 year old was the one that was interested in me but she clearly isn't because some other guy there got her number. Maybe i can find a time machine and go back in time and keep her the same age... possible?
Old 02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

just cause she gave him her number doesnt mean shes not interested! same situation as if you gave the 16 year old your number, you are just buddies. get to know her and see whats up, her 16 byear old friend might have brought her there for you two to meet! you never know unless you ask! (to do that you gotta talk)
Old 02-25-2008, 07:31 PM

Thats not my specialty Andy...

Quick Reply: Which New Celly Shall I Get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.