Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 O.K. KIDS..Whats your Curfew Time.. >

O.K. KIDS..Whats your Curfew Time..

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

O.K. KIDS..Whats your Curfew Time..

Old 02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: O.K. KIDS..Whats your Curfew Time..

My Dad was always very strict about my curfew. It was 21:00 until I could prove I was worthy of otherwise. Then it went to 23:00 until one time when I didn't come home until 1:00 and then it was over, I was under house arrest

My boyfriends in high school were always deadbeats, so I always paid for everything since I was the one with the jobs. Their father's didn't care what time they got home, which made them care even less about what time I got home. Trust me, my father was outside the movie theater in the fire truck to make sure I didn't lie about what time the movie was over. When he couldn't be there, he always sent his best friend to get me, the local Sherrif. LOL it actually gave me street cred to have to get in the back of the Sherrif's car after going out.

I'd say no later than 10:30. You want to give them a bit of time after the movie to talk, but not enough time to get busy [8D] You know how boys are. Slip him a few extra dollars, but let him know that the money train stops here, and if he wants to continue to date he's gonna have to get a job to make some extra cash to take care of her. As always, make sure he knows how to treat her like a lady
Old 02-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

well my parents really never set a curfew but i always try to make it back before midnight on the weekdays(i like my sleep and know i have to get up for school in the morning so i dont usually stay out that late anyways...) but on the weekends i can stay out til like 2 or 3 and my parents arent to worried but if i get any later then that then they tell me try not to stay out that late. my parents are pretty cool about and they know im not out gettin drunk or doin stupid chit. i learned from my older sister what to do and what not to do lol. i think if your pretty reasonable with your kid he'll respect your rules more, i know i have with parents.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Little Doe Peep

I don't think I really count. My mom worked nights so she was never there. I was expected to be in bed by midnight. (I always took a nap after school...still do.) Since I didn't date, it really wasn't a problem.

She always trusted me. I only violated her trust one time. I got caught. On a cold day my tail still hurts. But she continued to trust me.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

see, this very instance is the very reason im not datin til i can drive. Ma and Pa'll have to take me everywhere and ill feel like a frickin baby. not to mention our Implaler(04 impala) isnt as tuff as our 97 silverado. ABS on that beast is goin to hell tho, hopefully she makes er 2 or 3 more years. and i would say...10:30/11:00 is a good time, considering he is still 16 and he is takin a cab. never let him fool you into thinking they "honestly missed the early movie, so they had to go to the late movie," they might have been late, but i doubt they dint have any part in it, if you know wut i mean(glad my parents dont know i post here)and if they miss the curfew by 15 min, dont get upset, just tell him to try and get back earlier next time. remember, kids respect respect.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

My sons got himself a girllllllllfriernd..
And they want to go to the movies tonight..
I believe in trusting anybody until provin othertwise.
I want to see safe at home by a reasonable time at night,
but not a time where he feels embarrased..
What is a reasonable time for him to be back at?
Sometime between 10:00 - 10:30pm and do your parents slip ya money to make it special and how much..
ORIGINAL: Jeff Ovington

My sons got himself a girllllllllfriernd..
And they want to go to the movies tonight..
I believe in trusting anybody until provin othertwise.
I want to see safe at home by a reasonable time at night,
but not a time where he feels embarrased..
What is a reasonable time for him to be back at?
Sometime between 10:00 - 10:30pm and do your parents slip ya money to make it special and how much..
well it depends on how old he is
im 15 and as long as im close to home i just gotta be back before 1 a.m.
but im normally done at parties at around 1230
Old 02-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

if i dont come home for 3 consecutive days, my parents get to sell all my stuff. and i dont even live at home anymore.[:@][8D]
Old 02-10-2008, 04:46 AM

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

if i dont come home for 3 consecutive days, my parents get to sell all my stuff. and i dont even live at home anymore.[:@][8D]
All my stuf would be long gone by now. I like to take random trips places just for something to do.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ABS on that beast is goin to hell tho
i dont have ABS in my truck and its not that bad at all. actually it can be quite fun at times!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Shootstuff4570

ABS on that beast is goin to hell tho
i dont have ABS in my truck and its not that bad at all. actually it can be quite fun at times!
I ahve to agree not having ABS is alot of fun. You just gotta know how to drive a vehicle that dosnt have it. My first truck didnt have ABS so i got used to driving in the snow and mud with it.

Quick Reply: O.K. KIDS..Whats your Curfew Time..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.