" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Never explored this area before... >

Never explored this area before...

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Never explored this area before...

Old 02-05-2008, 08:43 PM

Default Never explored this area before...

Hey everyone, I'm not so new. But I've never explored this area of the boards before, so...Hi!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Never explored this area before...

Morning
Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 PM

Wow i was thinking many weird and possibly bad thoughts when reading the title...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Remember where you are now dear.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 PM

Yes i know... but i've seen some things that have surprised me in here before lol. So completely off-subject but like northern ohio is like flooding. The river near us is like 8 feet above the banks and its supposed to rain all night. Comin home from the Cleveland Cavaliers game there was like an inch of water on the roads. That made for a lovely 60 miles trek back home at night in fog.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow this thread made it one post before officially starting to get hijacked!

Amateur, you think its bad there? we have been getting sent from our rooms to the basement 24 times for tornado siriens! (dont know where they are touching down at) and i live on the 14th floor, so im getting tired of walking up and down those stupid stairs! plus the rain and winds! outside the dorms there is a spot in the road where it dips and intersects with 3 other roads! cars try to make it through, and flood the engine! so i get to go out and use my truck to tow them out!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:47 PM

I'm glad we ain't got the Tornaders. Last year most of our downtown was under about 14 feet of water after our resevoir flooded. There was so much rain that the water was flowing over the resevoir and out of the spillway. It was on National News and crap.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:56 AM

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

I'm glad we ain't got the Tornaders. Last year most of our downtown was under about 14 feet of water after our resevoir flooded. There was so much rain that the water was flowing over the resevoir and out of the spillway. It was on National News and crap.
Be happy you don't have tornados. We got one in January in southeastern WI!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:30 AM

Well we get Tornados but usually not in the middle of winter. I was in one about 5 years ago. My dad and i were coming home from a marina because he was doing some welding. The storms were getting really really nasty and my mom called me and told me that there were tornadoes all over the state and one touched down about 15 miles from where i live. We were on a small highway when the rain came down so hard we couldn't see. Then the rain started swirling around the truck. By this time i knew there was a tornado close. It picked up the truck, spun it 360 degrees and set us back down facing the same way we started out facing. We then drove home. The next morning we saw a major route was closed because all of the electrical poles had been ripped down and a couple buldings had been destroyed. It was scary.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

Well we get Tornados but usually not in the middle of winter. I was in one about 5 years ago. My dad and i were coming home from a marina because he was doing some welding. The storms were getting really really nasty and my mom called me and told me that there were tornadoes all over the state and one touched down about 15 miles from where i live. We were on a small highway when the rain came down so hard we couldn't see. Then the rain started swirling around the truck. By this time i knew there was a tornado close. It picked up the truck, spun it 360 degrees and set us back down facing the same way we started out facing. We then drove home. The next morning we saw a major route was closed because all of the electrical poles had been ripped down and a couple buldings had been destroyed. It was scary.
Wow!! That's pretty crazy. I remember I was working when we had a tornadocome through. Me and my buddy were in the kitchen trying to get everything cleaned up and secured and someone pulled up and actually tried ordering! We could hear the sirens going off in the background and he's trying to get a couple burgers and some fries. Funniest thing ever.

Quick Reply: Never explored this area before...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.