Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

is this good

Old 08-24-2007, 04:20 PM

Default RE: is this good

Im 14 and pull only 25-30# at 26"-30 ". im 5'11 tall
Old 08-28-2007, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: daddyslittlegirl

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

ORIGINAL: Buckslayer55

im a 11 year old boy 4'11 92.3 lb pulling 35 pounds at 22 draw leangth
That's cool. I"m kind of a crusader for small people getting into hunting. You'll grow of course, but I'm 17 and smaller than you, less than 4 foot 8 and 73 pounds.* I pull a 30 pound bow and got my first deer the day after Christmas.

Sodon't let yoursize stop you.Go out there and hunt. Just make sure to focus on shot placement.

*(I actually weigh a bit more than 73 pounds at the moment, but it's only temprorary.)
Well its a good thing you don't live in Ohio, you wouldn't be allowed to bow hunt as we have a 40 pound minimum.
Just one more good reason to live in Michigan!
Lol yuck, i hate Michigan Gooooooo Bucks!!!!!! O-H-I-O you guys have Cabelas though so i like it a little bit :-p
Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Little Doe Peep

That's cool. I"m kind of a crusader for small people getting into hunting. You'll grow of course, but I'm 17 and smaller than you, less than 4 foot 8 and 73 pounds.* I pull a 30 pound bow and got my first deer the day after Christmas.

Sodon't let yoursize stop you.Go out there and hunt. Just make sure to focus on shot placement.

*(I actually weigh a bit more than 73 pounds at the moment, but it's only temprorary.)
Well its a good thing you don't live in Ohio, you wouldn't be allowed to bow hunt as we have a 40 pound minimum.
Lol yuck, i hate Michigan Gooooooo Bucks!!!!!! O-H-I-O you guys have Cabelas though so i like it a little bit :-p
I will be going to Michigan State next year. We are Michigan State and Florida fans. Go Gators.

By the way, we noticed that Michigan lost today to Appalachian State.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfWithBow

dude that sucks, go away from these forums now loser.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

you want to know 1 huge reason why NOT to live ther??????........................................ ............

THEY LOST TO APPALACHIAN STATE!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

Dont listen to Jim at all. Form first then worry about the poundage.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: Brod_Man

you want to know 1 huge reason why NOT to live ther??????........................................ ............

THEY LOST TO APPALACHIAN STATE!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

We were happy when U of M lost. We're Michigan State fans. And also Florida fans.

It's going to be touch for us if Michigan State ever plays Florida.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:32 AM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: Tikka 30-06

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

Dont listen to Jim at all. Form first then worry about the poundage.
Absolutely Wolf. And as you get bigger you will be able to pull more. I'm kinda stuck where I am.

Just remember that where the arrow goes is what is important, not how fast it gets there. Hunting with a small bow means you have to get closer. That's a big part of the fun.

Practice every day if you can, or at least a couple times a week. Practice in bad weather too. You may be hunting in the rain or snow.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:57 AM

I can pull 70#, but 30# is all I got for now and I can't buy a heavier bow because I have had trouble with the police last summer involving BB guns, so my parents don't trust me to get a bigger bow. I take archery, I have been doing it for 2 years now. So how can you call me a loser when I can't help that I pull 30#?. You guys are pretty screwed up in the mind, calling ME a loser. Im just so glad the only thing blocking us from seeing each other is the fact that we are on the internet and on a forum and you could be in a different state or country, besides that I consider you lucky and safe.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:45 AM

Yah 35lbs and 11 years old is just fine man. And the fact you dont weigh much either. I'm 15 and right now pulling a 60# bow but next year will probably be up around 70#.
Good Luck and yes just focus on your form and making every shot count.

Quick Reply: is this good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.