Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Can I Ask You Guys Something >

Can I Ask You Guys Something

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Can I Ask You Guys Something

Old 01-12-2006, 04:32 PM

Default Can I Ask You Guys Something

Hey guys, i am a first year bow hunter and i can honestly say i know just about nothing. i went out to practise i just was a given a knew PSE as a gift so when i went out i pulled by bow and it was good and then i nocked an arrow and i could not pull it back. i know this is stupid but i was wondering if the arrow makes it harder to pull back. Because that was the weirdest thing after i couldnt pull the knocked arrow i took it off and pulled and away it went.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can I Ask You Guys Something

are you using a release to shoot the bow????
Old 01-12-2006, 05:13 PM

No right now i am just using my fingers. do you think that will make a difference????
Old 01-12-2006, 05:33 PM

With a release, it's a lot easier on your fingers with compound bows. The arrow wouldn't make it harder to pull back. Did you have trouble pulling it back the first time? Because if you did, then you muscles just might have gotten tired. Just practice pulling it back a bunch if that's the case.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

it made it easier for me and i am also alot more comfortable using a realease with a bow also taking a 10 lb weight and pulling it back like a bow string will help in the long run i couldnt pull back a 70 lb bow at the begining of the season now i can pull back an 80 lb bow no problem

It could have also been the football practise.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:37 PM

thank you guys alot i do have a release so i will try it. Maybe it will make me shoot better.hahahaha
Old 01-13-2006, 12:33 AM

You'll certainly shoot better with a release...if for no other reason than you'll shoot more!!! Finger-shooting is an art all by itself and takes a while to master. If the release didn't help out let us know and we'll put our heads together, 'cause seems strange indeed!
Old 01-13-2006, 07:42 AM

When I first bought my 50-60# bow, I could only pull it back once every ten minutes or so. I shot about ten shots a day because I used all of the strength I could muster. After about a week, I could shoot about thirty shots a day, and now, I can shoot several hundered shots a day, using a 70.4# bow.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Soilarch

You'll certainly shoot better with a release...if for no other reason than you'll shoot more!!! Finger-shooting is an art all by itself and takes a while to master. If the release didn't help out let us know and we'll put our heads together, 'cause seems strange indeed!
Well, it won't necessarily make you shoot better. Releases make it so it doesn't wobble side to side but it will still fluxuate up and down. Finger shooting makes it so it won't wobble up and down but it will from side to side.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:38 PM

Nock travel will still "wobble" up and down with fingers, granted it may not be as much (on a properly tuned bow being shot by someone who knows how to do it correctly) so you have a point.

BUT line 10 "average" archers up and have them shoot 6 arrows with a release and 6 arrow with fingers...and the release group will be better. The big point I was trying to make was that using a release is much easier on your fingers/hand than finger-style. Because of this you are likely to shoot more and shoot more often. THAT will make you a better shot.

Quick Reply: Can I Ask You Guys Something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.