Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting >

Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

Old 01-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

i perfer bow hunting cause its more of a challange..gun hunting seems like i am somehow cheating the deer and taking ther life a 150 yds...i like it wher u can call em in into less than 20yds
Old 01-04-2006, 12:31 PM

Default RE: Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

I also prefer bowhunting. Not that gun hunting is easier, i just think bowhunting is more personal. I personally have more discipline when i bow hunt than when i gun hunt, and i just enjoy it more.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

i prefer bow hunting because its earlier in the season and its more of a challenge like some else said its not to diffucult to shoot a deer at 150yds with out it knowing your their
Old 01-04-2006, 03:45 PM

I prefer bow but where i hunt you usually cant see past 50 yrds cause its so thick.....
Old 01-04-2006, 03:56 PM

Definitely bow. I rarely rifle hunt just because it just doesn't get me as excited as shooting a bow does. As my dad says, "Rifle hunting is about as hard as going out and shooting a cow". With bows, you have to practice constantly with your form and everything but with rifles you can just shoot off a few shells right before season and get your scoped sighted in and then easily get one.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I take it we are talking deer hunting,I'm another big time bowhunting fan! I do them both, they are both very fun,I just really love bowhunting!
Old 01-06-2006, 10:34 PM

I usually do much better with a gun. I think someone starting out would be smart to use whatever they have to pursue game. I personally like bowhunting the most. It allows me to hunt in better weather and in uncrowded woods. Its also much more exciting to get them close.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:21 AM

i hunt with a rifle. primarily becuase i hunt with my father and he uses a rifle to. also w/ it bein high school and all and the closest hunting ground 2 hours away we dont have much time to go scouting. rifles work out better for us, none the less we get a big ole work out walkin all over the place. but in the next few years I want to get in to bow hunting, for i will be livin within 20 miles of good land I believe. also jus wanna challenge and try out new things.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

gun hunting seems like i am somehow cheating the deer and taking ther life a 150 yds...i like it wher u can call em in into less than 20yds
The only differnce I see there is 130 yards. so its cheating them when you kill them at 150 yards, but not at 20???? HMMMMM....

I prefer Rifle
Old 01-07-2006, 03:57 PM

This is my first year of hunting and i enjoyed myself alot. I hunted with a gun, and i see hwat Out For The Kill means. a deer can be standing 150 yards away and not know you are there nad you shoot it with a gun, or the deer can be standing 10 yards away and not know your there. Whats the difference. I just got a new bow this year so i didn't get to try it out so next year i am going ot give it a shot. I think i will enjoy bow hunting because i can get up front and personal with the deer. i like that because it is like your tryingto beat them at their own game pretty challenging, but from where i stand only hunted once i choose gun over bow right now.

Quick Reply: Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.