HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/127606-bow-hunting-vs-gun-hunting.html)

Hoytteen 01-04-2006 10:43 AM

Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

i perfer bow hunting cause its more of a challange..gun hunting seems like i am somehow cheating the deer and taking ther life a 150 yds...i like it wher u can call em in into less than 20yds

hunter9022 01-04-2006 12:31 PM

RE: Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

I also prefer bowhunting. Not that gun hunting is easier, i just think bowhunting is more personal. I personally have more discipline when i bow hunt than when i gun hunt, and i just enjoy it more.

Tut23 01-04-2006 01:15 PM

i prefer bow hunting because its earlier in the season and its more of a challenge like some else said its not to diffucult to shoot a deer at 150yds with out it knowing your their

rdneckhntr 01-04-2006 03:45 PM

I prefer bow but where i hunt you usually cant see past 50 yrds cause its so thick.....

PSEarcher149 01-04-2006 03:56 PM

Definitely bow. I rarely rifle hunt just because it just doesn't get me as excited as shooting a bow does. As my dad says, "Rifle hunting is about as hard as going out and shooting a cow". With bows, you have to practice constantly with your form and everything but with rifles you can just shoot off a few shells right before season and get your scoped sighted in and then easily get one.

jepcho 01-05-2006 05:03 PM

Since I take it we are talking deer hunting,I'm another big time bowhunting fan! I do them both, they are both very fun,I just really love bowhunting!

mossyoakshootout 01-06-2006 10:34 PM

I usually do much better with a gun. I think someone starting out would be smart to use whatever they have to pursue game. I personally like bowhunting the most. It allows me to hunt in better weather and in uncrowded woods. Its also much more exciting to get them close.

bpjeep 01-07-2006 12:21 AM

i hunt with a rifle. primarily becuase i hunt with my father and he uses a rifle to. also w/ it bein high school and all and the closest hunting ground 2 hours away we dont have much time to go scouting. rifles work out better for us, none the less we get a big ole work out walkin all over the place. but in the next few years I want to get in to bow hunting, for i will be livin within 20 miles of good land I believe. also jus wanna challenge and try out new things.

Little Yellowjacket 01-07-2006 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

gun hunting seems like i am somehow cheating the deer and taking ther life a 150 yds...i like it wher u can call em in into less than 20yds
The only differnce I see there is 130 yards. so its cheating them when you kill them at 150 yards, but not at 20???? HMMMMM....

I prefer Rifle

toadder 01-07-2006 03:57 PM

This is my first year of hunting and i enjoyed myself alot. I hunted with a gun, and i see hwat Out For The Kill means. a deer can be standing 150 yards away and not know you are there nad you shoot it with a gun, or the deer can be standing 10 yards away and not know your there. Whats the difference. I just got a new bow this year so i didn't get to try it out so next year i am going ot give it a shot. I think i will enjoy bow hunting because i can get up front and personal with the deer. i like that because it is like your tryingto beat them at their own game pretty challenging, but from where i stand only hunted once i choose gun over bow right now.