Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Ice Fishing,

Old 12-17-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Ice Fishing,

Just wondering how many of you guys Ice Fish,
This is my first year I go everyday, Got to Northen on tip ups, a 22" and a 23" lota panfish. Ice is a good 7" average when I was going out at first it was 2.5, 3"
Old 12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ice Fishing,

I love to ice fish and get out every weekend... We do very well around here as well! I love to hear ice fishin stories! Be safe, good luck!
Old 12-18-2005, 05:07 PM

i just got my shelter out today. set up on the eau plain where its down about 2 or 3 feet so the 'eyes will be concentrated in the channel. hope to catch a couple 18"ers outa there. it'd be nice to have some walleye through the winter. otherwise if not much is doin' there then its off to lake wausau. buddy caught some nice fish out of there last year and its a little closer to home.

anybody have any tips on jigging for 'eyes for pike? we use tip-ups which work good and all but havin' your own in the water can help pass the time.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:06 PM

my buddy and I got 2 Northerns, One Largemouth, 3 Perch and 2 bluegill spent 7 n a half hours out there
Got some mousies, never tried em to tomarrow will be a first..never saw one till I got some
Old 12-21-2005, 12:14 PM

i like to icefish but i only go like maybe twice a weekend but hey i love it
Old 12-22-2005, 06:22 AM

Never really ice fished that much in the past, but we just bought a two man ice shelter, so looking forward to going out this x-mas weekend!!! best of luck to you all out there
Old 12-24-2005, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

i ice fish all the time its fun went out last sunday and a guy went through the ice up to his waist but before we could get over there to help him he already pulled him self out and my cousin had went through up to his knee. the ice was thick enough but there were just a few soft spots out there. i went wedensday caught 2 perch. sunday i caught 4. my cousin caught a 24 inch pike sunday morning and that was the only flag we got all day. Hey buckhunter14 we were fish Reads Lake or however you spell
Old 12-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Tut23, I have fished that lake a few times during the summer... I got a new vexlar fish finder for Christmas! I am hoping the temps go back down so I can get back out there! I haven't done great lately... I only caught 3 bass last weekend, 2 small ones and a nice 21"... Let them all go though. Hopefully I will get out there in a few days!
Old 12-25-2005, 08:29 PM

i go ice fishing every day. i love the sport. doing quite well on the crappies lately....around 5 and midnight they bite well. catchin them on Buck Shot Rattle Jigs...(orange/yellow)...gunna start for the eyes soon. gotta get back to the hot spot where i caught this guy...(28.75'' 10 lbs.)

Old 12-25-2005, 10:42 PM

I been out everyday for about a month...Been doing really good latly. Got a shanty today for Christmas..Pretty sweet..got a GPS, Im all hooked up lol

Quick Reply: Ice Fishing,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.