Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Worst hunting days!!! (post em) >

Worst hunting days!!! (post em)

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Worst hunting days!!! (post em)

Old 11-20-2005, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Worst hunting days!!! (post em)

last day of spring turkey in pa last year. went out at 6 didnt see anything and i feel asleep so i walked back to cabin with dad at about 7 i was woken up by a gun shot my dad shot a turkey of the front deck
Old 11-20-2005, 05:13 PM

I've shared this before. 3-4 years ago was bow hunting, on the ground in some tall weeds, and had been watching a large group of does work their way down the tree line towards me. I was running out of light but they were about 60 yards away and I thought I might get a shot off. All of a sudden they all look up, off to my left and then.....give a white-flag salute. I was dumb-founded, the wind hadn't swirled or shifted, they never looked in my direction...and I've never seen them be THAT weary of coyotes. Minute or two later see a guy walking down the creek line to my left.[:@][:@][:@][:@] Know what is words were when he saw me? (In great enthusiasm) "Hey, did you see all those does?" All I could was say "yeah" and dream of shooting him in the leg[:@]
Old 11-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first time bowhunting. Shot and missed a big buck.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:15 PM

never had a bad hunting day lol alawys great even if i do miss a great chance im happy to see the buck [8D]
Old 11-25-2005, 07:50 PM

worst day ever- jr doe hunt 2005. rained all day, and i think i walked 5 miles.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:40 PM

Youth day in maryland, this year. I was out for about 5 hours, and missed a nice 6 point. Also! Yesterday, november 26th, I was out for 7 hours in 30 degree weather and not once seen a deer. I was madder then a 3 legged dog trying to bury a crap on an icy lake >.<
Old 12-08-2005, 04:59 PM

Personally I think the worst hunting days are when you're sick. yeah Missing seeing a huge buck and what not really sucks. But, alright see this you sitting in your tree stand its a nice winter day. Its freezing out. No wind. Everything perfect except you have a bad cold but you know theres been a big 8 pointer around your stand so you go out anyway with gods will. So alright its about 5:30 am your big 8 point comes walking out you got a great shot for him. Right in the lungs. You Draw. Aim....You sneeze. Nice right. You try to cover up the sneeze by not sneezing but that muffled noise..spooks the deer...he takes off...this happened to a hunting buddy of mine. really Sucks right.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:47 PM

It was late october and i just got in my shoothouse when a fairly good
six steped out so i pulled up my 7mm08 and......CLICK nuttin happend
i forgot my shells at the house.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:50 PM

well, one mornin a doe stepped out, and i threw up the ol 30-30 and pulled the trigger, and it wasn't cocked. duh!

Welcome to the forums, coopaloop
Old 12-08-2005, 09:51 PM

probably the worst day was actually the worst season, it was the season after I had just got a Remington Model 700 .270 for my birthday all sighted in, hunted all buck/doe season and the first day shot off 2 rounds at some does bout 300 yards out...missed...sprayed some dirt on em though. rest of the season and doe season I never saw a thing. very discouraging. the next year I fell asleep, low and behold does ran around everywhere that day. dad shot at one and missed. always a kick when u wake up to a gun shot. also was sittin lookin one way a nice ole buck comes walkin up on my left, and dang, no bullet in the chamber... get off 3 shots through some trees and miss every time. then i shot a clueless doe who came around 10 minutes after those shots.

Quick Reply: Worst hunting days!!! (post em)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.