Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 What should I do? >

What should I do?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What should I do?

Old 10-31-2005, 05:59 PM

Default What should I do?

here is my story. I have a friend who is 13, who has no where else to hunt. I told him that I would let him hunt w/me. Well, here was part of the deal, we would drive his dad's truck on the weekends, and mine during the week. Well last weekend, I was backing up, and scraped a tree, and busted the front blinker light all it did was hit the front left barely. His dad gets mad and says, you ain't drivin my truck agian. Well, this pissed me off, so I'm thinking of giving him the boot because it ain't fair to just drive my truck, put the miles on it and waste the gas. What would you do?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What should I do?

ask him to either go half and half on all the way on gas for the weekends. i don't completely blame his dad for being a little p-oed... i know i would be angry if somebody cracked anything on my truck which is why i only let two other people drive it.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:52 PM

Put yourself in his shoes:
Your buddy ruffs up your dad's truck, he gets mad...your buddy gets mad at your dad. You end up with nowhere to hunt. What did you do? Nothing!
So giving him the boot doesn't make much sense. Just ask him to go half on the gas. This is why its unfair for you to drive all the time anyways, right?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agrees with both
Old 11-01-2005, 05:16 PM

ask to go 50/50 on gas but just think if he wasn't hunting with you there is a good chance your still hunting the same spots right? so your buring up the same amount of gas either way. i am just bringing this up becuase at 13 he might not have the money to be going 50/50.

i would just make him drag my deer outa the woods