Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 funny stories >

funny stories

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

funny stories

Old 10-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default funny stories

i just wondered if anyone had sny funny stories from when they were hunting.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:52 PM

Default RE: funny stories

I about got humped by one of the farmer's goats today when i got out of my truck. That was a little weird. But, one that comes to mind. Has anyone seen it when rabbits run at each other and the other one jumps over it? Kinda like leap from? For those who have, they know that in itself is funny. But, i was rabbit hunting one day, and came across one. So i knocked an arrow and drew back, got all anchored in, and about the time i was going to release another one came running out, and the one i was aiming jup, jumped right over top of him. At first i was kind of like, "WTF was that?" I kept tryin to aim at one but they kept jumpin all over the place. Finally i was laughin so hard i just walked off. You kinda had to be there, but it was funny.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha, yeah I've seen that with the rabbits, when they jump over one another.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive never seen that myself. What i like is watching squirrels try to jump from tree to tree and they miss a branch and come falling to the ground from way above. The darn things never get hurt either and their lil feet r already running b4 they hit the ground.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:44 PM

Yea man, i had a squirrel do that when i was golfing one day, landed right next to me. I dont know who was scared more.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've told this story a few times and i remember less and less as the years go by lol (comes with age i suppose). Several years ago, my father and i were out dove hunting next to a canal. We were overlooking a field and some orchards. My dad and i were the only ones out there. We were standing along the fenceline and there was several high bushes along it. My dad wasn't that far from me, within yelling distance but save enough so we wouldn't end up eating flyingBBs. It was pretty slow out there. I had togo tinkleso I placed my gun against the fence and started to go. Now dove always seem to know when you are less likely prepared to shoot so naturally that is when they come over your head and slow. I was still scanning the air and when i looked off to my left, i noticed a single dove flying just over my dad's head. Out of reaction while stilll tinkling,, i reached for my gun, turned around and shot it; I got the bird but only then i realize i was standing there with a shotgun in head and still wetting the dirt. My dad laughed and said "Were yougoing to shoot it or *censor* it!" Oopsie lol

The second story wasn't really funny but if someone didn't know what i was doing and shooting, they'd be laughing i suppose. The same place during a dove hunt. I was out there by myself but other hunters were there but further down. I shot got a double (the other i couldn't find) and as i found the first one, i heard the tell tale tail of a rattlersnake. When i go to get a dove, i always go out and get it while carrying my gun. My first reaction as to stop and stay still. I noticed to my left, not even more then three feet away, was the snake. I had my gun facing in its general direction. I slowly raised it at what i was guessing where the snake was. I hit it with the first shot and shot it with the remaining two. I jumped back, reloading three more times and shot it once more. I don't know if it was a reflex or what but this thing was still moving. I carry a knife with me out there as well and i was able to stand on back just lower then the head and finished the job. I picked it up and it was one of the longest rattlers i have ever seen. Close to 6 feet so i was extremely lucky it didn't decide to strike me. As i was walking towards my truck later, one of the hunters there said he actually laughed because he thought i was shooting a wounded dove until i reached down and pulled out an headless snake.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I saw 4 strutten toms having fun with a hen my first day turkey hunting. I know its not deer hunting but i watched them get it on for like an hour taking turns and i couldnt get a shot wow that sucked lol
Old 10-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hunter9022

. But, one that comes to mind. Has anyone seen it when rabbits run at each other and the other one jumps over it? Kinda like leap from? For those who have, they know that in itself is funny. But, i was rabbit hunting one day, and came across one. So i knocked an arrow and drew back, got all anchored in, and about the time i was going to release another one came running out, and the one i was aiming jup, jumped right over top of him. At first i was kind of like, "WTF was that?" I kept tryin to aim at one but they kept jumpin all over the place. Finally i was laughin so hard i just walked off. You kinda had to be there, but it was funny.
ive seen that it is really funny, i was out hunting them once and i had about ten doing it at the same time it was freakin hilarious.

CC
Old 10-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Don't you anti-hunting losers have anything better to do with your time ? We don't come on to your site and stir the toilet . [:@]
Old 10-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

you dont know how very sick you are.

You're quite a disturbed person, and you need some serious help with your issues. Help that you probably won't find here.

Quick Reply: funny stories

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.