Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 what do u wear?? >

what do u wear??

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

what do u wear??

Old 08-16-2005, 09:26 PM

Default what do u wear??

I need new clothes for deer hunting. At that time of year it gets very cold so i need something warm! I've been looking around at lots of places and found quite a bit but i can't just pick and choose. I was wondering what kind would b the best....like to get a cover all, or just pants and a jacket, or the bibs? Or what do u wear?Thanks for ur imput!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do u wear??

You should be dressing in layers. I prefer to put on Under Armor next to my skin, followedby a t shirt, then a fleece, then my outer waterproof shell.

On the bottom I wear Under Armor and a pair of wool pants. Wool is the ultimate because no matter how wet or frozen it gets it keeps you warm still.

I wear SmartWool socks.

dressing this way keeps your lower body warm enough. And allows you to take layers on and off as you cool off and heat up from climbing hills etc.

UnderArmor: http://www.goldmanbros.com/gc/customer/product.php?productid=17444
Old 08-16-2005, 09:41 PM

I would definately agree with the use of UNDER ARMOUR it is the ultimate in keeping you dry... Many pro athletes rely on it and it works great...
Good Luck
Old 08-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, Under Armor is good stuff. I'd wear that, and just add as many layers as needed. Buying quality water proof gear is a good investment to make.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

You should be dressing in layers. I prefer to put on Under Armor next to my skin, followedby a t shirt, then a fleece, then my outer waterproof shell.

On the bottom I wear Under Armor and a pair of wool pants. Wool is the ultimate because no matter how wet or frozen it gets it keeps you warm still.

I wear SmartWool socks.

dressing this way keeps your lower body warm enough. And allows you to take layers on and off as you cool off and heat up from climbing hills etc.

UnderArmor: http://www.goldmanbros.com/gc/customer/product.php?productid=17444

You took every word right out of my mouth Brutal, Brutal is right
Old 08-17-2005, 10:23 AM

yes i kno to use under armour but what is ur outer layer! Like do u use a cover all over everything or just pants and a jacket over everything? Thanks
Old 08-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

where i go it can get -50 (Canada is Cold)so lots of layers of socks (thick wool socks), lots of layers of clothes (t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, sweat shirts) 3 pairs of pants (sweat pants), and then last but not least camo. i use the full body camo, because then u don't get the draft up the back u can getfrom a 2 peice.

CC
Old 08-17-2005, 11:25 AM

i just bought a great new hunting jacket. it is a Mad Dog Silent Shaow Dry Wear light. it cost me 125$ with tax. it is waterproof and windproof and completely silent unlike most jackets i looked at. it has zippers for a fleece or and pother kind of liner that you would prefer. my dad bought this jacket last year and he shot a buck with it on. it has pants that match it that cost 75$ but i dont have them. i got my pants at an army surplus store for 40$ in realtree hardwoods HD which are also completely silent and warm with polypropelene pants under it. go to http://www.go2marine.com/g2m/action/GoBPage/id/93802F/mad_dog_gear_silent_shadow_light_jacket__h075_mad_ dog_gear__stearns.html?hiLiteSku=93806&WT.srch =1&WT.mc_id=fr1
i did not buy mine off that site but it is the same jacket i bought.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scent-Lok Savana coveralls.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:43 PM

I wear long johns sweat pants sweat shirt, then my carhart bibs,then my remington real tree camo winter coat.and i ware two pairs of sock with toasty toes.

Quick Reply: what do u wear??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.