Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

ipods

Old 07-12-2005, 04:33 PM

Default ipods

My friend bought an Ipod here for 450 bucks canadian, and he used it for about a month or two. Just a few days ago he dropped it less than a foot on hardwood floor and it broke. The screen smashed and the hard drive thing is rattling around inside there.[:@]I'm angey because if you drop it it's not covered by warranty. Any suggestions or personal experience?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:03 AM

Default RE: ipods

All of my friends that own those things HATE them. They are always breaking. I would buy something else.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dropped mine on a concrete floor and it landed on a rock. The back has a dent in it, but thats all that was wrong with it. It didn't even skip, it just kept chugging along. I've read alot of reviews on every generation, and I've never heard of them "always breaking." I have a hard time believe that the screen smashed and the hard drive mounts are broke from dropping it less than a foot. I dropped mine from probably close to 4 foot off the ground and nothing is wrong with it. It still plays just fine. In fact, I trust mine enough Im gonna go drop it on my counter top from a foot, just to see and my counter is the only thing harder than a hardwood floor in my house.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

I have a suggestion... Don't drop it. Or if you dislike Ipods because they do not have warrantys I would suggest not buying one. Unless you have of those new cars where you can plug them in they are pretty much useless anyway. Good luck with it
Old 07-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you drop your bow out of your tree stand. Would that be covered under the warrenty? I doubt it. So, how is this any different? It wasn't Apples fault he was clumsy.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:14 PM

i bought an ipod, absolutely love it. been real durable for me, and my whole family has one, no problems at all. a lot of my friends have em, none of them have had any problems.

about the car thing, if you have one of those adapters where you put a tape in the tape player than plug it in, or there is a car adapter thing, then there is the radio station thing too. i use it when im working, walking, driving, going on long trips, when im mowin the lawn, doin chores, walking the dog, i use it all the time! totally worth the money.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:17 PM

Those thing mess up 3 weeks after you get them my head phones messed up yesterday[:@][:@][:@]
Old 07-14-2005, 08:20 PM

what is wrong with your headphones, i have never heard of people having a problem with them breaking. ive only heard of having batteries dying on people, but thats it.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:22 PM

ive dropped mine a ton, and have had no problems
Old 07-15-2005, 09:09 AM

I'm just relaying on what I've heard from my friends. The only product from Apple that I've been impressed with was the photo Ipod, but I still wouldn't buy one because it's an Ipod, and an Apple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.