Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 home defense weapon you perfer >

home defense weapon you perfer

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

home defense weapon you perfer

Old 12-24-2005, 07:33 PM

Default RE: home defense weapon you perfer

Bagetts and muffins... ....two friends and a giant slingshot.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

And how old are all of you??
Old 01-10-2006, 04:02 PM

dont under estimate the psycological effect of the bow. Only ever had one break in at our house. when that guy, probably just a kid , saw the gleam from the broadhead i had nocked he just muttered a few curse words jumped out the window and left. i dont think a gun would have worked any better lol. but if could have chosen what item i had in my hands it probably would have been a 22 pistol. any thing louder and ya would never hear right again.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

a 12 gauge with 2 shells inside. the first would be a shotshell to warn them that i'm not screwing around. the second would be the "u made a big mistake" 3 1/2 in. sabot slug. cus you know everyone should get atleast 1 chance
Old 01-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

My sister had an incident happen to her a long time ago, back when i was about 18 or 19. She had a prowler that seemed to be harassing her almost nightly and was getting more brave each night. Our dad had to work at nights so he wasn't able to go over there, and my sister doesn't like guns. I spent the night there a few times while she stayed at our parents house. On the second night that i was there, sure enough, Mr.Prowler decided he wanted to try to break in through the window. I brought my shotgun with me, in which is a 12GA Pump. I could see him at the windowattempting to pop it out of place with what i believe was a screwdriver,this was around 2-3 in the morning so i'm sure he wasn't expecting an intended victim's brother standing only 10 feet away with a shotgun in hand.I didn't have the shells in the gun but i had several pheasant/duck loads on the stock. Thankfully i didn't have to load any because when he heard me ''slamming a shell home'' he ran off and never came back around. I told my sister what happened, and thankfully moved out only a couple of weeks after the incident.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:24 PM

nvm
Old 01-25-2006, 02:25 PM

shotgun with the back up of another shotgun
Old 01-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

QUESTION!!

why is there a home defense wepon perferance in the youth hunters fourm? because not many 14 year olds have their own houses[&:]
Old 01-25-2006, 06:57 PM

why not post about home defence "weapons" on the young hunters forum it dosent seem to bother anybody that much, but any way im sure theres a few 14 year olds with houses, lol im gettin onein year or 2 and im not quite 16 yet. im not sure how old ya are SK23 but if your a father think about the long hours you might work, night shift and such, whos there at your house ? if your younger think about the hours you parents might work whos at the house ? most likly a child is home more often than not, it actualy seems kinda scary to me just to have to think about it.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think i could have said it better then Matty.

Topic is little out there yes but its just topic of what the people in here would perfer if they chose home defense weapons.

Quick Reply: home defense weapon you perfer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.