Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Good broadhead for its money >

Good broadhead for its money

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Good broadhead for its money

Old 06-10-2005, 10:30 PM

Default RE: Good broadhead for its money

ORIGINAL: Allseasonhunter7

have you learned 1st hand? or someone told u
Who are you talking to?
Old 06-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with everything Zak said. He knows what he's talking about it. The Crimson Talons are extremely flimsy, read any review on them. With that many blades, the blades have to get thinner to compensate for weight.

My personal favorite is the Magnus Stinger 4-Blade. 3 for 22 bucks. Lets say your out in the field, and you accidentally shoot a bank vault. All you have to do is send it in to Magnus, and you will get a new head back. You can even explain to them what you did, you will still get a new head back. No questions asked. I took mine right out of the box and shaved my arm with them, literally. Stingers are also the perfect head for low poundage set ups, being the cut on contact type head.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:49 AM

Magnus Stingers are probably the best heads out there. Unlike Muzzy's, Crimson Talons, and mechanicals they can be used on every setup, from light to heavy. They are so sharp I sometimes wonder how they stay in the package when turned upside down.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I never go into the woods without at least a half dozen broadhead tipped arrows.
Maybe if you learned to shoot better you wouldnt need all of those arrows. lol
Old 06-11-2005, 07:53 AM

personally i like the NAP Scorpion XP's. yes i know, expandables, but before i got these as a xmas gift i didnt like mechanical blades. i was very weary about them. then i did some testing of my own with these blades and i now believe they are very good. they fly very true. i only got one doe last year with them, but had i taken my time on other shots i woulda had about three more
Old 06-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea the crimsons do suck peopleon this sight have tried them and no1 can get them to fly well

if you shoot at a deer and you miss chances are its not going to stay around for a second shot. and why rely on all those aarrows

zak i was talking to washington hunter]

beagle dobt worry if you bowhunt long enough your gonna miss
Old 06-11-2005, 10:23 AM

I saw somebody shoot Crimson Talons and He pulled them out of the "Block" an the
blades were riped off. Those are a waste of money.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:31 AM

So Lil, did you find a broadhead you want yet?
Old 06-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: psychowolverine

I shoot a cheap 9.99 game getter expandable and have not been let down by it. Last year I shot a big 9 pt with one and it messed him up good.
i have some of the game getter cut-on-contact heads that shoot great. i don't think i'm gonna change from them... but i haven't shot them from my new setup yet though.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: psychowolverine

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I never go into the woods without at least a half dozen broadhead tipped arrows.
Maybe if you learned to shoot better you wouldnt need all of those arrows. lol
You're joking, right? Apparently none of you ever spend more than 5 - 6 hours in the woods.

I'm gone for 2 - 3 weeks at a time. Things happen. Misses happen. You may fall and break an arrow. A vane may fall off. You never know.

Those of you carrying only 3 arrows into the woods'll learn.

Yes, I carry six into the woods. I have another six in the truck and generally another half dozen to a dozen in camp for target shooting.

You'll learn.

Quick Reply: Good broadhead for its money

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.