Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Fishing

Old 05-24-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Fishing

Hey Everybody,
Who here knows how to catch catfish. I've always done bass fishing but around here catfish are probably the most accessible fish. I'm most interested in flathead cats. Any tips?
Thanks
Mossy
Old 05-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fishing

doughbait, chicken liver, sometimes even anchovies or warms work... Canals are good place to them as well
Old 05-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can put a small blue gill on a hook through the back and just leave it on the bottom and one will usually find it.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

That works too
Old 05-24-2005, 07:04 PM

listen up catch a lunker blugill and I mean big if you r goin for flatheads. Cut the thing in half use the end with the head cast your line out deep and wait. Another good way is juggin. what you do is take some milk jugs 2 litter pop bottles somethin buyant tie som fishin line to it, get in your boat rig it with chicken liver ort like i said half a blugill and set it deep. trow out several more then do some night fishin and always throw a glowstick in the bottle but do some night fishin and slowly check on your jugs a spotlight works great and if ya see it goin get it.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

When fishin for flatheads, you cant go wrong with live bait. Bluegill, creek chubs, and sometimes even shiners work well. I like to hook them above the dorsal fin, I make sure to put enough weight on the line to keep the fish on the bottom. Have the weight about a foot up the line from the bait so the bait can swim around a little and isn't flat on the bottom. Other baits that work great would be chicken livers, chicken hearts, and cut bait. I use these more than live bait but I catch mostly channel cats. You can catch flatheads off them too though.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was reading this again and i realize i haven't gone fishing in forever
Old 05-28-2005, 06:56 AM

a hook???????? thats all i no
Old 06-02-2005, 07:13 AM

Try some old shrimp, it works great! Sometimes Kroger will sell old shrimp for fisherman.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:34 PM

what we use most is minnows, and old fish. go to any old bait shop, and ask for all the dead things they have. then take and set them out in the sun for at least a day. they stink like mad, but they work. then, when you get to the water hook it on a hook, put a big weight on it, and cast it out. let it sit on the bottom, and jerk it everyonce and a while.

Quick Reply: Fishing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.