Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

cultipacker

Old 03-14-2005, 12:54 AM

Default cultipacker

what cultipacker are ya'll using to plant clover? i'm always on the lookout for cool accessories for my tractor and/or 4-wheeler and recently stumbled across this pic...

Old 03-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: cultipacker

I would love to have a planter/cultipacker implement like that. The prices ae so high on the ones similar to that, I can't see the feasibility due to the low number of total acres we plant each year. What is the price of that brand?
Old 03-14-2005, 07:56 AM

Default RE: cultipacker

The prices ae so high on the ones similar to that, I can't see the feasibility due to the low number of total acres we plant each year.
my thoughts exactly!! i don't remember where i found the cultipacker pic. i would imagine it costs +$2000 ------ neat pictue, but too expensive of a toy....
Old 03-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Spike

Talking cultipacker

Food plots should not force a guy into bankrupcy. There are several ATV pulled cultipackers, small discs . If you have a tractor and a disc, you can scratch up the top soil enough to smooth out with a cultipacker. Then seed and fertilize and run over it again with the cultipacker. That will press the seed down to the right depth and the critters will not get it. If you are looking for a cultipacker, go to craigs liat St. Louis, MO and punch in "Cultipacker". That guy makes all kinds and sizes. And they are reasonable.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:02 AM
Spike

I've heard that OMNI Manufacturing builds some affordable cultipackers with a simple design (which is always a plus!). Also too, they've started using ductile iron wheels (vs. regular grey iron wheels) because they have 300% more tensile strength. Here's a link to their cultipacker page on their website:

http://omni-mfg.com/Cultipackers-C110177.aspx?sid=10512