Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

deer feed

Old 10-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Spike

Default deer feed

Has anyone ever used Purina Deer feed? Iam told it is very good to put in feeders. Let me know your thoughts
Old 10-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: deer feed

We tried some mixed with corn in timed feeders and didn't have any luck getting the deer to eat it. It laid on the ground and molded. In a enclosed, dry trough type feeder it would probably be better.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:28 PM

I have a feeder in front of my cabin, and I just use plain whole corn and put a little molasses on it and they are tearing it up. Tried the local feed stores Apple flavored corn and they won't touch it.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:38 PM

if the humidity is high it will swell and clog a timer feeder.you need a feeder with a top over it so it doesn;t get wet.it also takes a long time for them to start using it.
I use plain corn and the deer love it.it doesn't have the protine the feed has but it works.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:15 PM

purina is good stuff...has antler max in it. they make different types too. try buck-ola...buck grub is good to mix with things like that. give it a try though...i think they will hit it if u r in the right type of area.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:36 PM
tda

watch out if you are feeding deer in new york state.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:40 AM

How much is a 50 pound bag of the antler Max?
Old 10-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have tried the Purina deer chow by itself and mixed with whole corn and my deer
will not touch it. They pick the corn out and leave the chow to mold.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:44 PM

i am not sure about the antler max. i have been using a few new thing in NJ where i am hunting this year. try BUCK NOLA. they have been hitting that in my feeder mixed with corn and another feed that i cannot think of now. i have been dusting it witha small amount of buck grub. when using the purina product with corn....do not add alot. like 1-2lbs for every 15ld of corn...if that. u need to create a lick site...this is cheap and worth the bang u get for your buck get it no, really, a lick site works wonders for attracting does in nov dec and jan. if u need suggestions on a product...hit me back...i have used them all.

lemond
Old 10-25-2004, 09:39 AM
etw

Hey Lemond33. Whats the info on the lick site you mention?

Quick Reply: deer feed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.