Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

[Deleted]

Old 02-24-2002, 09:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-24-2002, 04:42 PM

Default RE: Speaking of the "PLOTMASTER" planter.

Personally I wouldnt buy one. If you plant plots every year, you know how much abuse a set of discs take. imagine if you had all this stuff bolted to it. Talk about would fall to pieces and quick like. Especially a unit that is suppose to be pulled behind a 4 wheeler. Yeah, you can pull it with your bike but, youll tear your bike up too. These smaller units arent haevy enough to break the ground up properly either. they may work ok if you plant the same plots every year, but would fall short on chopping new ground.
Old 02-25-2002, 05:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2002, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi early riser - I've never known anyone to own one, or the other similar type products. I'm a skeptic as well. They recommend a 20-40 horsepower tractor minimum (which probably means 40hp). An ATV the will generate enough hp at very low speeds - but it will work hard, if it can get enough traction.

The first year we planted, our 55hp tractor died 1/2 way through disking. To finish - I used my 8 cylinder Jeep Grand Wagoneer to pull the disks. I'm going to tell you, I could pull those disks, but my jeep was on the verge of overheating the whole time. If I stopped on any kind of rise, I was done, and they do NOT back up. I ended up taking the disks in half to finish (5 acres) I cant imagine trying it with an ATV.

I know you soils have less rock, so maybe you could get away with it. However, for less money, you could buy used extra disks and drags, and leave them at your feilds. These products look more like a garden implement to me.

Don't get me wrong, an ATV can be a great assest in seeding and cultipacking - I just do not see them doing a great job disking, definitley not plowing.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-26-2002, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

early riser, you should pitch the above proposal to the manufacturer of the plotmaster.

or perhaps they could let you evaluate one of their machines for a few weeks, a demo model. shipping the machine shouldn't be a problem, since you both are in ga.

ask them, the worst thing that could happen is that they would say "no" and you're still in the same situation you're in now.

once this happens, you can post up some pics and give testimonials about the performance of the product. quid pro quo.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2002, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

early riser, with the lack of communication or other information from plotmaster i'd be skeptical about their product too. perhaps the company knows that their product doesn't sell or perform very well, and that is why they don't give you more info.

ask them if anyone else in your area bought one, and perhaps would let you see it in operation. but this is too time consuming, never mind.

post your same question on a couple of other hunting/qdm sites, and then wait a few days. i'd imagine that the responses you get will be similar to the ones on this thread (i.e. nobody has anything positive to say). print out all the responses and mail them to the head honcho of plotmaster. this will ultimately help you find an answer to your questions and solutions to your problems...(they work great, they suck, they are too lightweight, you can try a demo model for a couple of weeks, etc etc).

Old 03-01-2002, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

If i got that i would get the biggest 4-wheeler i could. Like the Kawasaki 650. or the polaris 700 twin.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

i wouldn't even think of getting a 2X4 i would only go with a 4X4

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.