Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Atv Disk ...? ..

Old 07-08-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Atv Disk ...? ..

Ok here it is i need some help here i put this post on another site i belong to and no can seem to help me out with this 1 i want to build a set of plow disk 4 my 4 wheeler to take up into the hills wth me i usally plant abt 29 acres or so and i need it to be verstaile so any help would be nice
Old 07-08-2004, 04:46 PM

Default RE: Atv Disk ...? ..

Hey i have a Polaris sportsman 500 and i have a biologic tuffline atv disc and love it.... it is great for plots of any size..... Also the only problem i have had with it is the bearings in the wheels but i called there company and asked them about it and they sent me a whole new bearing package for free. It wore out mainly cause of the bumpy roads and the speeds but its ok. hope i helped
Old 07-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

29 acres with an ATV sounds like aot of work. good luck.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:40 PM

well yeah it's alot of work but they are also broke up too and u cant get a tractor into the back woods where i'm at bc it is impossible i'm just trying to find me some plans to build me a set ..! anybody have any ?
Old 07-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Go look at what's for sale at local dealers and copy their designs. Take tape & pad to get exact dimensions.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go to a farm equip sale, buy an old set of tandem disks and modify them into what you want. remove the rear gangs, shorten the front gngs , etc.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:04 AM
Spike

I bought a large disk and cut it in half and added the wheels and the 2" hitch. I have $95. in the whole thing. I have replace the block with tractor weight they work alot better.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gotta ask, if you can't get a tractor to the patches, how did they get broke up? 29 acres with an atv disc sounds like an almost impossible task, I would be getting a dozier to build some roads.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:44 AM

well the first ime around me and my little brother broke all the ground up and now it's just me and I have 2 4 wheelers and no tools to work it with but the last time i used a rotor tiller and wagon to haul it back on in and then some other tools to help mantain it
Old 07-11-2004, 10:50 AM

what kind of wheels did u use ..? they almost look like lawn mower casters off of the front ... !and i have the 2hitch and i just bought me an old set of disk yesterday but i'm going to have to weld the frame onto them bc mine has no frame like that to hook to And c_ray_ky i really apperciate u taking the time to put those oh here u gave me a great idea man thanks

Quick Reply: Atv Disk ...? ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.