Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Cheapest place to buy sprayers

Old 03-05-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Cheapest place to buy sprayers

Where is the cheapest place to buy a sprayer to spray poison and liquid fertilizers?

What size sprayer will do the job....do you need a 25 gallon or a 45 gallon?

How easy is it to attach and detach the sprayers for the four wheelers?
Old 03-05-2004, 12:35 PM

Default RE: Cheapest place to buy sprayers

I have a 15 gallon sprayer that attaches to the 4 wheeler very easily. 15 gallons is exactly enough to do one acre of land if you do 4 MPH. 15 gallons per acre is also the reccomended amount for herbicides. Sometimes I wish I had bought the larger sprayer but the 15 does well for me. The biggest plot we have is just under 2 acres so we deal with refilling and remixing. I found the best price for my sprayer at Tractor Supply. I guess if you have bigger plots it may be a good idea to go with a bigger sprayer but for what we have ours works just fine. TGK
Old 03-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is going to depend on how big of and area that you are going to try to maintain with your spraying and how much time you have to spend.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:01 AM

Generally 15 GPA is a good ballpark rate of total material per acre. One exception to that is uup if the target is fescue that you are trying to kill. In that case, Monsanto wants the carrier rate cun half or even down to 5 GPA.

The rate per acre is dependent on 3 factors....pressure, speed and nozzel selection. The use of very generalized statements on any board on any subject is dangerous. Always calibraate your sprayer befor ever using it. Always make sure tires have same pressure on ATV or speed will vary. And Always read the product labels befor using chemicals. If in doubt or if you feel uneasy doing the applications, get a pro to do it.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:25 AM

I am not uncomfortable with chemicals....I am a chemical engineer.....so I can handle a little chemicals....LOL

The area that I am spraying or maintaining is two plots...for now......One measureing about 25 yards X 300 yards and the other is 25 yards X 400 yards......This is the only two that we will have for this year but we may be adding in the future.....another thing to keep in mind is that there isn't access to water on this place besides maybe a creek to refill and hauling in drums of water.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:29 PM

Tractor supply or look on ebay for a real deal
Old 03-08-2004, 09:11 AM

I found a cheaper price at www.greenshoes.com
Old 03-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

build your own. i made one for about $80 last month, but had the cart.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pau...&.dnm=dcc5.jpg

if you spray glyphosate with creek water, make sure it's clear and clean. the gly is neutralized with soil sediment that's in the water.