Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

deer in my flower bed

Old 10-31-2003, 11:00 PM

Default deer in my flower bed

help!!!! deer are eating my flowers, what should i do?
Old 11-01-2003, 12:43 AM

Default RE: deer in my flower bed

Lisa, there are a bazillion deer repellents. Go to Google and enter deer repellent. There is also a tape called plot saver that works very well. My wife usually just puts waxed string around her rock gardens and ornamental flowers. I would imagine soap on a rope would work too. In season a weapon with a light recoil works very well for ladies. [&:]
Old 11-01-2003, 03:39 AM

I WOULD SAY PUT SOME MALTH BALLS OUT AROUND IT
Old 11-01-2003, 04:12 AM

get yourslef a deer decoy,it stopped them from eatting my sweetpotatoes.besides that your nrighbors will talk about the deer in your garden.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:36 AM

.30-06 or Muzzy 125
Old 11-01-2003, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deodorant soap bars or soap spray work well. Also human hair is supposed to ward them off (go to the barber shop).

Dan O.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:48 PM

a friend of mine tried all the human hair thing and car battery' s,all he wound up with was a lot of hair,some battires and hungry deer.

the plot barrier seems to work good for most that have tried it......it' s a string with a sent you spray on the string.haven' t tried it so don' t know if it works....just know the hair and battery' s doesn' t; or didn' t for him.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:58 AM

Here' s a simple and quick fix. Tie a stout string to some small posts, even those 3 ft. elect fence posts or even wooden slats. Tie WHITE plastic shopping bags, (colored don;' t work very good) to the string every 3-5 feet. Keep the bags about 2-3 ft. from the ground. Don' t know if it' s the white color or maybe they have a UV glow to them, but they have kept the deer out of my half acre pea patch which they love to browse on. Give it a try, it' s cheap and easy to set up.

Russ
Old 11-04-2003, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Russ; I set up a 3d blind for hunting this week. The wind blowing through the blind was making strange strange sounds that the deer obviously weren' t used to. Grape growers have thin plastic strips that howl in the wind to keep bids away, this could be the same effect that the bags had with your deer.

Dan O.