Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Waterfowl Food Plot Help!

Old 10-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Question Waterfowl Food Plot Help!

I have just recently purchased a tract of land (see attached picture) that I would like to plant in a waterfowl food plot. There is roughly 40 acres that could be planted in the cove (bare looking brown area) in the attached picture. This is a backwater of the Mississippi River (the Mississippi is in the left side of the picture) so the water level will be changing all the time. I would like to plant something in the shallow water areas all the way to the timber. Anyone have any experience with waterfowl plots? Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails Waterfowl Food Plot Help!-img_1830.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 04:19 AM
Spike

http://www.kestersnursery.com/

I met this guy at the deer and turkey classic and i'd recommend him as he is not selling a product line but is a consultant and unbiased.