Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Attempt to funnel deer

Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Spike

Default Attempt to funnel deer

Look at these photos of aluminum beer bottles hanging in 12-14 trees on the west side of my property. My "friendly" neighbor is up to no good. He is trying to keep the deer from coming on my property. I have never met the guy, don't know what his problem is.
Attached Thumbnails Attempt to funnel deer-beer-bottles-trees-hamm-quarries-land-4-.jpg   Attempt to funnel deer-beer-bottles-trees-hamm-quarries-land-3-.jpg  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Great neighbor. Wonder if he has considered if it works it will work both ways.
It can be hard to get deer to go where you want for long.
Hope a biggen visits you.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Sling shot & moth balls. Problem solved.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Spike

I don't want to trespass or start a Hatfield and McCoy type thing. He may vandalize my property. Seems to be some kind of thing going in this guys head, that he is in charge of where and what the deer do. After talking to a few local people, this is not the first time he has pulled such a stunt. This guy has thousands of acres to hunt in this county. Why is he worried about my 40 acres? Some of the "wind chimes" (4-5) are on my other neighbors property. I am meeting with him today and hope to take those down this weekend.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

dude, go hang em on his front door. hahaaaaaaa
Old 11-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

How nice of him to set up practice targets for you.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Terasec
How nice of him to set up practice targets for you.
couldnt have said it better myself.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Spike

Well, apparently his plan is working just as planned. I have spent 21 hrs. in the blind over a period of 5 days. I have not seen ANY deer. Last year I kept track of how many deer I saw and what time they came out, I saw over 40. I was able to get some of the "wind chimes" taken down. Seems he may have done something else to keep the deer away. My next move will be to contact Wildlife and Parks to see if any laws have been broken.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

dont forget to have yer i's dotted and yer tee's crossed, cause the dnr look at both sides real carefully. may be time though
Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Spike

GOOD NEWS!!!! All of the bottles have been taken down. Hamm Quarries Inc. was sold to a very large investment firm in Washington D.C. in '09. So, I called the contact # (I found by surfing the web) in D.C. yesterday. I told them my story. I got a call early this morning from Hamm offices and was told the bottles would be down today. Guess I called the right person. I hope we can all play together nicely. I don't want anybody messing with my deer hunting or I won't be playing very nicely either. By the way, I shot a nice doe at 7:15 this morning. Got my call while I was working on the "fun" part of deer hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.