Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

black magic rack rock

Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default black magic rack rock

i just bought one of these from dicks and was wondering if any of u have tried this or something similar and where is a good area to set it? wet areas, shaded areas, or sunny areas like in oaks, etc. thanks.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

place the rock in an area that is somewhat open,but in the woods or a cover area. think of an area you feel the deer will feel safe to travel at anytime of the day. put a trail cam up. i placed 1 of these rocks out just over 2 weeks ago. deer just starting to use it the last couple of days according to dates on pictures. deer are hitting it hard now though
Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

I luv the black magic powder! havent tried the rocks yet but i probly will give em a shot this summer. I like to put out any like in a area where i know the deer will be. Since we cant afford to plant summer plots this usually means water is the best place. We have some hot dry summers down here so its usually pretty easy to find where they are going to water. These spots are awesome for getting LOTS of Pics. Let us know how the rocks work guys. im curious to know
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Spike

Its a good attractant but its not a deer health and nutrition product. If you want trail cam pics its ok but if your trying to build a quality mineral site for your deer its not the correct product.