Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

ATV Spreader?

Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Spike

Question ATV Spreader?

I plant soybeans and rye in my foodplots. I now use a pull behind spreader, 175 lb. capacity. The trouble with it is ocassional flat tires and tip over on rough ground. Does anyone use the type of spreaders that fasten to the 4 wheeler? Which model do you use? How do they work?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the pull behind type myself, I dont fill it to the top and drive a bit slower and dont have a problem with it tipping over.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

we use one that goes in the truck hitch, but once its on, its on...runs off the trailer light hookups...im sure ya can adapt it to a 4 wheeler...our 4 wheelers are trucks and suzuki samuri's...we have used a walk behind, while someone sat on the tail gate and i drove.