Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Tons of Rain and now not a drop.

Old 08-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tons of Rain and now not a drop.

I am back!

We had much rain in late June. Brought the lake level to its highest point.

Right before the rain started I planted Alfalfa think the coming rain would get it started. And then non stop rain for about 10 days. Weeds out grew the alfalfa and I have been cutting constantly.

Now I am waiting for rain so I can start my clover plots. We don' t see a drop until next Thursday, Aug 21st.

Remember when I mentioned my father moved back here to MN from Seattle and I wouldn' t get to use the tractor. I was right. So now I haul the rototiller to till up the ground and a weed wip to mow the clover.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tons of Rain and now not a drop.

Buckmine - I' m back form Vacation as well, and eager to plant the fall clover plots (ladino/alsike for mee this year).

The weed growth your seeing probably has as much to do with wet as cold - the weeds handle it alot better than most crops. Assuming the soil' s right, the alfalfa should dominate next spring anyhow - just keep it mowed.

Good luck - What' s your fall plot? - Are you using a nurse crop?