Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Slay-herbicide

Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slay-herbicide

Anyone ever tried Whitetail Institutes Slay herbicide? I am looking to purchase a herbicide product to save my clover plot from weeds. I've mowed it several times over past 2yrs, and its just being overrun. I've seen other herbicide recommendations on the forums, but Tractor Supply Co. doesn't carry those products or one that I could use. TSC is the only store of that nature in my area. Online ordering them is in gal. quantities, and I'm not paying over $100 to spray a 1/2acre plot. So Slay seems like a possible solution.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Though it's usually not the most economical product, in your case it may be. IF, you only plan to spray once. On the other hand, it's likely you'll have to spray some time in the future. You can order 2,4DB from http://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/ I think it'll run around $50 for a gallon.