Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Food Plots and Abnormal deer

Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Food Plots and Abnormal deer

I have seen a few deer recently in the area tha I hunt that are a little odd. They Always have there tongue hanging out unless they pull it back in to chew. It's like the muscle relaxes and it just hangs out like a dogs'. I konw it's not because they are tired or have been running like dogs. Rumor around my town is it's cause by eating too much from food plots and they are getting too much of something they normally wouldnt get.

Any Ideas ?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Well, I don't know why they would be doing that. But I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with food plots. That makes absolutely zero sense.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Deer probably eat less GMO food than many people. I haven't seen an epidemic of humans on the street here with their tongues hanging out.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea - I think its the food plots. Hate it when the tounges hang...