Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Custom food plot work

Old 01-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Spike

Default Custom food plot work

Hey guys me and my buddy have decided that this year we are going to do some custom food plot work for anyone who is interested. We will do anything from clearing brush to spraying, working the ground, taking soil samples, fertilizing, planting etc. We will more than likely stay in the Southern Illinois region. But we could possibly travel depending on work schedules.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I average paying about $250 or so per acre hiring the discing, planting Buck Forage Oats (100# seeds) fertilizer (250# per acre) on my plots the past couple of years including all expenses.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the biz.
You are in a great location, but dont quit your day job yet. If they have to ask, they usually can not afford it. Dont sell yourself short. Equipment, time, and miles cost a lot more than lime, seed, and fertilizer. I do enjoy it. Advertising and insurance add up too.