Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Food plot question?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Food plot question?

I clear cut the ridge tops on 60 acres and left all the slopes and draws around it untouched. My question is this, what would be a good plot on these open flats? There are oaks and other hard woods all around the clear cuts. How long before the under growth takes over? I need some info if anyone has some.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Spike

Default food plot

we usually just take a tractor or fourwheeler w a disc behind it and plow, usually about 60yd x 30yd. Then we use a mix of seed that has some clover, millet, pea, and some other junk like that. It takes quite a bit of effort but in the end it will definately be worth it...not only will you start seeing more deer, your bucks will start to increase size/health and antler growth.