Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Corn field ?

Old 10-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Spike

Default Corn field ?

We hunt in the snowbelt of western ny. Once we get 2 feet of snow on the ground the deer head down the hill. They head toward the lake where there is less snow about 3 or 4 miles form my place to green grass (sometimes). I have a 4 acre field that is secluded about 400 yards from the road. I want to plant enough corn to draw the deer off the neignbors property and keep them form heading north (lake shore). I planted 2 other 1.5 acre fields with corn this year. The bears have been hitting it quite hard already. I want to plant another 4 acre field next year but we don't want the deer bedding in the corn and not comming out. How big of a corn field do i need. Will the 2 fields i planted this year have much of a draw once the snow falls? There is no other standing corn within 5 miles of me once hunting season starts.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

Plant it all. Despite popular belief, deer don't live in corn fields.