Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

help me figure this one out

Old 08-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Spike

Default help me figure this one out

ok so i want to burn my land to clear it because it has grown way to thick and the deer wont come in anymore. the problem is that all the weeds and timber are green. any suggestions
Old 09-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by zaboo
ok so i want to burn my land to clear it because it has grown way to thick and the deer wont come in anymore.
What? There's no such thing as "too thick" for deer.
And no offense, but I get the impression you've never done any burning before. I would suggest you get professional help before setting fire to your woods. Maybe check with the local Div of Wildlife.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

How much acrage do you have? I agree with M. never seen anything to thick for deer. I have seen 150 class bucks go through stuff I couldn't walk through. If your talking about 40 acre piece or more, just clear out a couple of spots in it for a food plot or something. You could even just make roads or atv size trails through it. I for sure wouldn't burn it.