Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

To Plot or Not To Plot?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by KSBucksandDucks
Water gets there from rain, dew or any other source of moisture. These water pits are fairly common in western KS, eastern CO where there is much less moisture.

This guy said there wasn't any water close to his property so adding water is just as good as adding food.

i think he is in la
Old 08-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Spike

Im from La. & this time of yr its hot and dry, but rains will come. There is a sm mud hole about the size desrcibed above, but its not on my lease. Its on the road that goes to my lease and Im the only one that uses it. I built a road around it last weekend and dug it out some more. Im gonna finish it up over the weekend. Although Im not hunting over it Im going to put a stand about 20 yds from it. Theres are tracks all around it. As far as planting a food plot in the pines, still up in the air on this one. Ive got so many other projects to do I dont no when Im going to have time to do the plot this yr. I'll prob wait till after this hunting season & then spend the next yr putting it in the rt way.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bfree
Im from La. & this time of yr its hot and dry, but rains will come. There is a sm mud hole about the size desrcibed above, but its not on my lease. Its on the road that goes to my lease and Im the only one that uses it. I built a road around it last weekend and dug it out some more. Im gonna finish it up over the weekend. Although Im not hunting over it Im going to put a stand about 20 yds from it. Theres are tracks all around it. As far as planting a food plot in the pines, still up in the air on this one. Ive got so many other projects to do I dont no when Im going to have time to do the plot this yr. I'll prob wait till after this hunting season & then spend the next yr putting it in the rt way.
in the mean time, get a soil sample test done