Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Anhydrous Question

Old 04-16-2010, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anhydrous Question

I have a 1 acre spot where I plan on planting Vita Rack Booming Beans. It would already be in the ground but between wet weather and my busy schedule....it isn't.

The guy that farms this property forgot that I was going to turn this area into a food plot and sprayed anhydrous last week.

Will I be ok?
Isn't anhydrous basically nitrogen?
Do I need to fertilize with something else if the nitrogen is covered?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

You'll be ok. Anhydrous is just another form of N fertilizer. I would be more concerned about how the dormant weed seed is going to react with the warm moist weather and N fertilizer in the ground. You may want to wait for everything to green up and then spray Roundup to kill everything before planting.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

Anhydrous is about 83% N, so it is a N fertilizer. Beans can make their own N, but will scavenge N if it is available. You may need/want a P and/or K source of fertilizer, but you would want a soil test to determine that. I agree with psandhu on weeds being an issue, and getting the first flush with roundup (or planting roundup ready soybeans).