Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Planting Annuals like Brassicas

Old 01-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default Buck forage oats BS

I disagree with the BFO ads. The only thing I see fromm them is negs about every other seed company from co-ops to speciality seed companies and their products.

I think their negative ads tell us that they are getting their AZZ handed to them in the marketplace and that's the only way they know to fight back.

How about trying to sell their product instead of the false alarms about brassicas and other unfounded claims about other companies.

I saw on their site where they wanted to be informed if any other company or individual said thier oats were better than BFO's. Sounded like they wanted to sue the person or company.

Personally I've never planted oats but my friend did, side by side with regular seed oats. He told me there was no difference in what he saw. At the end of the season he had seem more deer in the cheap stuff. But both froze out too soon. He's going back to brassicas.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:14 AM
Spike

with all the acorns we had this year in connecticut. the deer have yet to touch the turnips we planted. about 2 acres and not even a track. last year same plot same area it was gone by jan. it really goes year to year. the acorns were everywhere and stiil are
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

winter wheat is probably the least expensive and easy to maintain. here in the north, after a heavy frost ( could be as early as Sept ), deer will hit the winter wheat, because alfalfa and clovers loose there leaves. deer will feed on wheat, digging through snow, until its too deep. in the spring winter wheat will green up before anything else.