Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
Does biologic P2 plot protector work? >

Does biologic P2 plot protector work?

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Spike

Default Does biologic P2 plot protector work?

Old 12-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Not sure about that stuff, but I can tell you that plantskydd works if you are looking for something to keep them out of a plot. When you are ready to let them eat it just mow it and they will be able to eat the regrowth. this stuff works so good that if you spray a sapling or tree trunk they wont rub on it. its organic too, no chemicals.

I will tell you that just putting stakes in the ground and running some 10 pound fishing line around the food plot will keep them out. The deer can't see the fishing line but they can feel it. They can't jump over the line because they can't see it, so they wont go through it. place the string about chest height. they wont try to crawl under it either. you could do that and just spray the perimeter with plant skydd just to be sure.

We did the string thing on some brassicas this summer and they didnt touch it. when we removed it they decimated the crop in a week and a half.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Spike

Default att remnard

hey Iwas wondering more about this fishing line thing.
we have some reall ass wholes hunting are fence line of are property
do you think if run line threw the woods about 20 yards off the fence it will keep the deer away from it.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

If you have a very low deer population the fish line thing might work 10%. I will tell you this we have medium/high deer density here in cental Illinois and the only thing that will keep them out 99% of the time is an E fence.... With the crop production so screwed up they are looking for food and a piece of fish line wont stop them.The chemical thing has to be resprayed every few days to work half the time..I know people that have tried it all...
Old 08-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Spike

Default fishing line

I am just tring to keep them away from a fence line not food what do u think about that. think it might work for that i will try anything just trying to figure something else