Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

ATV Disc

Old 07-15-2009, 06:03 AM

Cool ATV Disc

I have looked at a few discs at Northern Tool and on Google. I found one that I like and think would work. It is a swisher 35" disc. It looks like it could do the job and plus I am not making a big plot. But was wondering if anyone knew anymore like this that works or ones that have not worked?
Attached Thumbnails ATV Disc-disc.gif  
Old 07-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

The problem with those little discs is that they are not near heavy enough to actually dig down and tear up the ground.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Disk from Roth Manufacturing in Loyal, WI similar to the one you're looking at judging by the picture. The Roth Disk Harrow can be adjusted to dig down agressively or to just slice the soil. I've had no problems turning forest clearings into nice food plots. Takes a few passes and raking away the debris but well worth the inventment. Here's a link of the unit I bought: http://www.usagnet.com/loyal-roth/Multi_Use6.html

My brother is always borrowing it to work his food plots and it's holding up rather well.

Good Luck.

Last edited by W9ARcher; 07-15-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by crenth
The problem with those little discs is that they are not near heavy enough to actually dig down and tear up the ground.
Bingo!!! Drop those ATV disks and just git you a little tractor. Its much more useful and CHEAPER to out fit one than an ATV for food plot management. There always seems to be a farmer sellin his stuff any more, usually a good place to find some thin cheap. Thanks, Switchback XT