Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Deer Cane and Rack up?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Spike

Default Deer Cane and Rack up?

wanting more bucks in front of my treestand.I planted corn,but i still want something else that will grow and attract bucks.will deer cane and rack up work good.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer Cane and Rack up?

Yes, but it wont work as well during the season as it will in the spring.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt use deer cane or any type of mineral licks, blocks etc. to attract deer because the deer do not have a need salt after the 2nd 3rd week of Sept. I would try Buck Bran the deer just go nuts over it. Pike
Old 05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

i have used them both and they work pretty well

the rack up has a very strong scent and will attract bucks
Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Spike

Default rack up is better than most for the midwest deer

Ive used just about everything for attracting deer and by far the rack up has atracted more deer to my property than anything else i have seen they really tear it up and keep coming back all year long.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

yes deer truely are browsers....lucky buck has worked awesome for me tho! and even now during october they still seem to come to it!
if wana check out some of my pics over lucky buck from this past week check out the trail cam pics by me on www.huntingcamponline.com
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Spike

It couldn't hurt! I used to think deer didn't really use mineral licks after mid sept but muzzleloader season started here in NC last sat and i took my wife and we had 4 deer (2 does, a cow horn, and a 6 pt) come in and both does came to the salt lick that i had down and stood there for 2-3 min each and licked on it.....Every little thing you can do to help the area is a plus......Good luck
Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got pics of over 150 different bucks this year so far and most of them are hitting my 50lb generic mineral blocks/bags that you can buy at TSC. or any feed store for $6.00 each. Pike
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0Pics/?start=0
Old 10-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by reinsmithpulling_08 View Post
wanting more bucks in front of my treestand.
I'd move the stand to the deer. No real shortcuts or magic tricks. If the corn doesn't do it, that other stuff doesn't have a prayer.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:57 AM
Spike

I would try a mineral salt lick. I have had good success with them all year long. You may also try a protein brick or even a feeder with a protein feed in it. Go to mikeswildlifefeedersandsupplies.com and check out some of his products.

Quick Reply: Deer Cane and Rack up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.