Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Crop planting

Old 03-31-2003, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Crop planting

Is there website on how and what to plant for whitetail deer attraction and nutrition? For instance I want to plant corn, clover, oats, etc. Is there a site that best describes when, how much lime/fertilizer (based on soil test resutls), order of events (plow/disc/spray/etc...) and what is best for attraction vs what is best for nutitional value. Any direction towards a website would be apprciated.

Old 03-31-2003, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Crop planting

You have found the best place right here. Ask away and the very best " done it myself" experts will have the answers!
Brian
Old 04-02-2003, 07:40 AM

Default RE: Crop planting

Try QDMA.com. They have a few good articles about those subjects. Check local county extension and wildlife biologist for your area. Try local farm coop as well. They deal with crops, but will know about soil preparation. There are some knowledgable people on this site. There is a thread on Bowsite.com with references to some sites as well.