Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

HELP!!!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default HELP!!!!!

I am 15 years old an I am just getting startedwith wildlife management on my property. It is only 20 acers and i am planting 4 food plots and some warm season grasses to draw the deer from the neighbors to the north that kill anything. I hunt the surounding property as well. But anyway where i want to plant a food plot my parents want to put a camp site there and a fire pit and stuff. Do you think that the camp sit willl stop the deer from moving throw there.

Woods
[/align]

FPoo
[/align]

FP
[/align]

F
[/align]

FP
[/align]
Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HELP!!!!!

sorry about the stuff at the bottom

Old 03-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Four plots on 20 acres seems to me to be too many. I would concentrate on a couple of good plotsmyself. For summer plots Iron Clay Peas of Lab Lab would be my choice. I would't worry aboutthe camp/fire pit site unless there is a LOT of activity there, not the best situation, but probably something you won't have any control about anyway..
Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks.....the plots are less than an acer accept one witch is a little over a acer

Old 03-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

We have deer walk into our camp during deer season on our property...just try to locate it as near to where you access the property as possible. The key to managing your herd on a property of that size is managing your hunting pressure as even a little pressure may affect it greatly. Locate the bedding areas and mark those as sanctuaries to where you do not disturb them when hunting or otherwise. In other words, do not walk/drive through or near them or allow your scent to blow into them when accessing them or while sitting on stand. Adding some patches of NWSG like you were saying should help if you locate them well. If you want to post an aerial of your property, I may be able to help you with some specific details of it.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

i can get pictures to post but if you pm me your e-mail i can send one to you.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Fork Horn

No need to pm...the entire internet has access to my e-mail anyway

[email protected] ...hope I can help!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks

Old 03-27-2008, 06:45 PM

I would have one good food plot. If you are trying to trophy manage then 20 acres is not near enough. As far as a camp site goes the less human activety in an area the better for seeing deer. Try throwing out corn in the off season this will draw more deer off of your neighbors land. Clovers ande Iron clay peas make the best food plots in my opinion.