Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Bio-Maxx

Old 09-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bio-Maxx

The Bio-Maxx is looking great and the deer are absolutely pounding it! I can't tell ya'all how much this stuff has impressed me! I would have never guessed it would have grown and developed like it has. Both the corn (ears) andthe thickness of the soybeans are just awesome! Next year, I'm planting a LOT more acreage in this stuff!

Look how heavily the deer have browsed the beans!

Old 09-29-2007, 12:58 PM

Default RE: Bio-Maxx

That is awesome!!! I was wondering if you have ever triedplanting iron peas? Have you ever heard of buckbusters fall food plot mix? If not you might want to give them a try. It looks like the deer are definetly there and good luck this season!!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

I put a couple acre plots in Bio-Maxx for the first time this year, fantastic stuff. I also seeded over with Maximum about a month ago. Buffet Style!

Pete
Old 10-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree - thie biomax did better than I gave it credit for. I think the key probably is to keep the corn less dense than as if you row planted it - for the soybeans to really do well.

Thanks for the posts this year on this plots progress

FH
Old 10-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

IL, biomax looks great!!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I you like bio-max try mixing your own and instead of using regular beans try using forage beans. The deer kept it mow to the ground through july, thenthey switch to the carbs and my vines are chest high and loaded with pods.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pikecofoodplotter

I you like bio-max try mixing your own and instead of using regular beans try using forage beans. The deer kept it mow to the ground through july, thenthey switch to the carbs and my vines are chest high and loaded with pods.
I don't believe the Bio-Maxx uses the standard "soybeans" that are in all the Ag fields you typically see? They look to be 2 different varieties as well. However, I experiement with different soybeans/forage soybeans every season and I look forward to continuing to do so in the fututre. There is just NOTHING out area der prefer more all season long than a soybean diet!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Spike

The Biomaxx I used for testing had 3 different Delta King varieties commonly sold in my area. They were a 4.7, 4.9, and 5.3 maturing soybean from Delta King Seed that just went out of business. These are early maturing for our area and are short, normal leaved standard RR soybeans.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

How did you plant the bio-maxx, with a drill or broadcast
Old 11-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is Bio-Maxxa perennial or annual? Thinking maybe ill try it next year.

Quick Reply: Bio-Maxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.