Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

LUCKY BUCK MINERALS

Old 08-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default LUCKY BUCK MINERALS

Does this product work as good as advertised,will it keep the deer coming back for more,and does it help with antler growth.Can anyone share any testimonies of the use of lucky buck.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LUCKY BUCK MINERALS

I use it..expensive but I have a bucket of it left....heres what I done to keep it longer and kepp them coming.

Ingredients-
Drill
1" Wood Bit
Salt Block
Mineral

Take the Drill and on the long side of the block..drill you some holes as far down as possible.I put about 9 holes in mine.Take it to the woods Pour mineral in the oles and on the block.

They will go by and eat it...but once they reach as far down as their tongues will go they will have to eat the salt block....say it rain later in the day..that mineral will actually turn into ur Salt Block!!

Hope that helps....
Chase Baker
Old 08-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Chase,are you saying that I should'nt dig the groud up in a 4ft. diameter like the bucket says to do and then add the water,did you not have good success doing that or did'nt you do it.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:40 AM

I started using this product this spring. I got it at the Salisbury, MD Gander Mountain. I paid 19.95 a tub, I think. I have freshened a trace mineral block lick I have had going for about 6 years now and the deer have absolutely tore it up. Even as dry as it has been, they have been digging and pawing it up. Sometimes I take a 6 gallon jug of water to it and freshen it up that way. I have also poured it on some old pine and hardwood stumps that were fairly rotted. I broke the stumps up a little before I poured it on them. I went back several weeks later and all 3 tree stumps looked like peat moss! The deer had literally torn them up! I have freshened them twice since and last week ran a nice buck out of the first lick. I am not sure about the antler help yet, I guess I'll find out shortly. The deer really seem to like it.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

man that is really good to hear,I was going to put mine out sat. but I was not really feeling to good after a couple of hours with a saw and a weed wacker reopening an old ditch bed about a 1/8 of a mile long full of them red pickers,but I'm gonna put it out before this weekend is over,thats what I'm worried about is setting it up to close to my stand.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it works great...and you don't have to use the whole bucket so you can use it in more spots.

I put it down a trail near a Pond and Clover Patch..they tear it up...After 3 weeks I had to put out a new block!!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

That's great,my buddy told me he put it on a stump just at the edge of the woods at his house when he first got it sitting at his kitchen table drinking coffe with his wife and he said 30 min. later a 6pt. an a 8pt. came out of the woods and started eating it,and I know he wasn't lying about it,how much did you put out the first time you used it,if that stuff draws deer like that its gonna be tough putting to close to your stand ain't it.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

I put some lucky buck out last saturday around half the bucket or so,it's in a spot the deer are freqeunting a few yards from drinking hole,I am going back labor day morning to check it will let everyone know how it worked...........Ted.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

I did not put any lucky buck out today I may have to take my stand down,will keep ya's posted
Old 09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

30/06 has a plus protein mix,,,this will help ur herd and its antlers

Quick Reply: LUCKY BUCK MINERALS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.