Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Liquid Lime Prices

Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Liquid Lime Prices

Anyone on this forum bought, used, applied liquid lime before? I like many "food plotters" have some remote plots that need lime. I am thinking the easiest way for me is to use liquid lime that i can spread with my 25 gal atv hose sprayer. I did some googling and found some dealers selling 2.5 gallons for around 30 bucks. I will call some local ag service dealers and see what they are charging, any comments on the cheapest and best stuff to get would be helpful. Can you dilute liquid lime with water for easier application? If soil sample requires 1 gal per acre can you dilute with water say 14 gals water/ 1 gal liquid lime and apply all 15 gals to the 1 acre?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Liquid Lime Prices

Pulverized lime and a drop spreader really aren't that difficult to get into remote locations and are going to be just as easy to spread and cost MUCH less. I bought the drop spreader from Northern Tool and spread nearly 2 tons of pulverized lime through it as well as all my fertilizer and it works perfectly. Once I got the settings on the spreader right, it took me about4 hours to spread almost 2 tons.

Spreader cost me $200.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

search my old posts for the "leafblower and lime out of the back of a truck method" for spreading ag lime.ag lime isaround 7 dollars a ton.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the lime spreading info. I should have stated there is know way to get lime or a truck back to a few of are hunting/food plots. Most of are easy to access food plots are limed when needed. I have a few that are 3 to 4 mile atv rides thru kinda hellish terrain. The soil is not to acidic its 6.2 - 6.4 but it could use a ph boost.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Spike

Cabelas is selling some stuff called Gain made by Evolved habbitats for food plots. It says 1 gallon to an acre can increase ph by almost one point. You could use it in a regular sprayer it is not heavy like liquid lime. I think it was only like $15. Let us know how it works if you try it.

Good luck,Gabe
Old 08-20-2007, 01:15 PM

http://www.turboturf.com/Liquid_Lime.htm

I would like to try something like this product, except I would like to buy it local and not pay the expensive shipping cost.