Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

BioLogic Food Plot Additive?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default BioLogic Food Plot Additive?

I was wondering if any of you have used any of the BioLogic Food Plot Additives? My father and I planted our first food plot this year on my parents 40 acres. Back in the Spring we planted Tecomate Monster Mix on a 1/4 acre plot. The deer have been all over it all summer. There are trails and deer sign all around it. We aregoingto plant some annuals in some small strips around the edges of the field that our existing food plot is in this fall, but would a brassica overseed on our clover/chicory patch help or hurt our perennial plot? Or would it just be better to do a border of annual seed around the clover/chicory plot? Thank you for any help any of you might provide.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BioLogic Food Plot Additive?

I used a small bag of the chicory additive last year, just because right at the last minute I wanted to add chicory an dno one local had any loose seed, it turned out good, the deer ate it pretty good and it grew a lot more than I thought it would.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BioLogic Food Plot Additive?

Is it possible to do a side by side(leave the plot you have and start another right next to it)?Mixing the two makes it hard to tell which part of the mix is their favorite(if you care about that).