Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 Pics of my homebrewed Biomax food plot! (updated 7-23-07) >

Pics of my homebrewed Biomax food plot! (updated 7-23-07)

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Pics of my homebrewed Biomax food plot! (updated 7-23-07)

Old 06-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pics of my homebrewed Biomax food plot! (updated 7-23-07)

Finally got a few pics of my RR corn and bean food plot.
First two are where I broadcast the corn and beans. Last two are where I broadcast the beans then row planted the corn.

Still got a little weed problem in the back of the plot in the last picture but I will hit it again with roundup and all will be good!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pics of my homebrewed Biomax food plot!

It's always cool to see how everyone elses plots are doing. Thanks for the pix! I'm anxious to see mine this weekend. We had rain in the middel of the week and last last it really stormed and we got plenty of rain as well. Saturday is expected to bring even more rain. My Bio-Maxx and my RR soyean plots should love it! I'll snap some pix when I get out there.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

question did you use regular beans or forage beans?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah IL, we got plenty of rain too. I got like 7 tenths tuesday, 1/2 inch friday, 1 1/4 inches today. I told myself I am staying away for 2 weeks before I check on the plots again, should look real good by then.

Pike, I used regular rr soybeans.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

We ended up with around 3 1/2" of rain this weekend and the plots just drank it up! They looked great yesterday evening!

The forage soybeans are strating to takeoff pretty well now.

I love the looks of this stuff!I'm already planningon alot more Bio-Maxx on my property next year!

Old 07-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've mixed RR Soybeans & RR Corn over the years. Quite often I'll overlap the beans 4-8 rows into the corn.

I've never been very happy with the beans that grow in the corn however. Once the corn starts to form a canopy - the beans tend to grow stalky - and spindly. Personally, I like to keep the two spearate for the most part, and I like to have the Soybeans on the "hidden" side of the corn from any road or trails.

One of this Year's corn/soybean plantings:

One from Last year:

FH

Old 07-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

Here some updated pics since about 3 inches of rain and added fertilizer.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Farm Hunter looks like that "narrow row" planter idea still works for you and the cost was cheap., ha ha.... beans look good....
Old 07-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ILL Buck,

Yourcorn/bean combo plot is lookin' nice bud! Keep us posted as it develops?

We got some even more rainearly this morningand it's been humid so I'm curious to see what my plots look like by this weekend. Last weekend I was surprised by how much the corn seems to have grown. It's getting to the point where the corn is thickening nicely and in many areas you don't realize the beans are also getting fuller until you look more closely. Also, the deer are already starting to browse the edges of my plots to heavily and this could have some effects if it gets much worse! I don't think it looked as if they was a spot in the plot where there weren't deer tracks!

In this pic you can tell how much corn is really in the Bio-Maxx blend

A look as you kneel down towards ground level and photo under the thick corn leaves, more beans than it looks!

Old 07-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks great guys. I really think next year I am going to plant a strip in my big plot in some sort of bean/corn blend like this bio maxx. One of the strips has had clover on it for 2x years now and should be prime for something like this next spring.

Keep posting pics, I am curious to see how things progress as the corn canopy gets thicker over those beans and if the beans really produce well.

Quick Reply: Pics of my homebrewed Biomax food plot! (updated 7-23-07)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.