Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Lowes...

Old 06-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Lowes...

..just a heads up for you tree guys, Lowes has 50% off all their trees. I picked up crabapple trees for $5.00 that are about 8ft tall. Jonathan Apples & Yellow Delicious Apples for $10.00 that are about 7ft tall! We'll see how they do up at the cabin!

Joe b!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lowes...

thanks! I have a lowes practically in my backyard. i'm going to stop there after work. I just planted two apple trees at my hunting land but I want to pick up a couple more and a tree for the yard. I hope they're on clearance at our lowes too.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM

What great deals! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

No worries, the lady said the sale is nation wide and with a one year warranty! I bought my trees here in Milwaukee and will plant them in Northern Michigan, if they die I can take them to any Lowes and get my money back, store credit or another tree!

.....the crab apples already have fruit on them!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

It was 104 degrees here yesterday. I don't think it would pay to plant anything now down here.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya, they will be sitting on my patio until this fall. I don't plant/transplant any trees unless the month has an " R" it! They'll be fine sitting in the 5 gallon pots until then as long as there watered! I just couldn't pass such a deal up. Plus they be on sale again at the end of summer and I'll buy more!
Old 06-13-2007, 06:48 PM

hey guys i just went to lowes and picked up two dwarf apple trees and a peach tree, my question is what should i do next, should i wait to plant or would it be alright to plant now my cabin in in harrsion michigan, any tips on planting these trees would be great just trying to improve my hunting property. thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have my 6 in pots on my patio. I'll keep them here until they loose their leaves then take them up to my cabin in Northern Michigan and plant them probably end of September, early October when they go dormant. This way no stress is put on them! I did upgrade the pots on 2 of them, they were kinda low on soil and leaning real bad. They didn't seem to mind the transplant! I picked up 2 Yellow Delicious, 2 Red/Jonathon and 2 different Crabapples(Indian Magic & Robinson) for $40.00 all together! I might go to a different Lowes this weekend and see what they have as well!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:42 PM

cool i'll plant them during october or so do you water them regularly or do you alow nature to take over. it will be kinda hard for me to water since i'm not up at my cabin as much as i would like to be.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nvrhapy

cool i'll plant them during october or so do you water them regularly or do you alow nature to take over. it will be kinda hard for me to water since i'm not up at my cabin as much as i would like to be.
I water them every chance i get! Its the very first thing I do when I get there and its the last thing I do before I leave! It sucks sometimes hauling water but I'd rather haul water then not have apple trees! Plus it gives my boy and his cousin a chore to do and they enjoy it, especially my boy! It also gives me an excuse to go up north when there is a dry spell or not![8D][&:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.