Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

BioMaxx?

Old 04-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BioMaxx?

Does anyone have any results and/or feedback aboutBio-Logics blend of RR soybeans and RR corn? I've held that RR soybeans have been my favorite item to plant in my own foodplots but wonder what the BioMaxx would actually be like in a couple of small plots? Does the corn develop enough to actually produce ears as well as screening late season cover or is it mainly soybeans? I know what their advertising claims but I'monly interested in some real world feedback. Thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BioMaxx?

I planted two acres of it last year and was very disappointed in it. The corn did not produce well at all. The soy beans were fine and the deer really hit them, but the corn sucked. I wouldn't use it again. This year I'm going with all soy beans and will over seed them in August with Brassicas.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's about what I was expecting to hear. I believe it is going to be nearly impossible to beat that combo of RR soybeans and then broadcasted brassicas. I know for sure that every one of my plots this season will contain soybeans! Of course, it's awesome news that once again my porperty will be surrounded by several hundred acres of corn again this year! This should make 'em hit my beans that much more.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 AM

last year i planted corn way to late and i was murdered by root worm beetles. if you do plant corn get it in as soon as the farmers start