Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Disc, Plow and Wait......

Old 10-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Disc, Plow and Wait......

Well here are a few pics of what I did yesterday. I planted my first plots this past spring to see what would grow good in the area and what the deer like! This is the first attempt at a larger size plot! I still need to figure out what I want to plant. I did some small plots:
Biologic NZ Premium, turned out good. The deer/elk just hammered it and kept it down. The other half is Winter Rye.

This is Evolved Habitat, not too good, it was overtaken by Quack grass. Planted it with Winter Rye to choke out the weeds etc.. Theres a couple of small Apple Trees as well!

This is River Run Lodge, LLC. This was planted just about a month ago. This is about as green as it gets! I planted this in a small area where the deer come out of the woods. I will be planting this in a bigger area next year! I think it looks good!

Close up!

Old 10-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Disc, Plow and Wait......

Here is the spot I'm working up for next spring! This is the first pic! At the top of this there is Winter Rye planted and growing very good! You can kinda see the green area! In the middle of the picture there is a small opening in the tree, kinda white tree trunks, that a loc-on treestand I have up!

Second pic!

After the plowing! At the bottom of this is where I ahve the Evolved Habitat and Rye planted! You can't see it because it is in the bottom of a swell! on the other side of the small Popal Trees is the River Run Lodge clover plot. All the way in the back is the Biologic plot with Rye, Corn, Pumkins and Turnips!!!!! This is where the Pines meet the hardwood trees! You can kinda see the corn. The corn is hurting because of the Elk just destroying it!

Old 10-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice - You are a "year up" - now you know you are doing something!

FH
Old 10-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looking good, good luck.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Looking good Bro!